Onset Solutions is a Denver-based company that specializes in providing computer and network support services to business throughout the Denver metro area. We are a company that is committed to growth and development, and we’ll support and enhance your desire to learn new technologies and take on challenging roles and clients as you progress.
The Desktop Support Technician III role is a hybrid position that provides various IT services to Onset Solutions’ customers. Half of the role involves maintaining and troubleshooting devices and systems, hardware, software and providing direct support to our clients. The other half will participate heavily in recurring security and continuity audits for our client environments. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, approachable and professional; capable of interacting easily with everyone within the customer’s organization, be it the receptionist or Chief Executive Officer.
This position operates in a variety of work environments utilizing various equipment including computers and mobile devices and may require occasional lifting of computer equipment. Work is performed both at Onset Solutions’ office and on-premises at customers’ locations. This is a great opportunity to join a company that will allow for work in tandem with an experienced team in a gratifying way.
- Facilitate the delivery of the technical services that Onset Solutions provides to its customers – both remotely and on-premises.
- Respond to support requests from customers and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Participate in recurring security and continuity audits for our client environments.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and provide user adoption training with new technologies.
- Facilitate new computer, server, and network setups.
- Provide routine monitoring and support of customer’s backup processes ensuring that they are functioning correctly as part of a customer’s disaster recovery plan.
- Participate in various projects such as cloud-based applications and providing ongoing support for cloud-based services.
- Maintain and augment Onset Solutions’ customer configuration and processes documentation.
- Provide hardware and software research, procurement, and inventory management.
- Interact with clients thoughtfully and in a way that builds longstanding relationships based on mutual trust.
- Work and collaborate with third-party vendors who may be providing supplemental IT services to our customers.
- Establish, oversee, and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the customer’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent Technical Services activities.
- This is an in-person position that primarily works out of our office in Lakewood, Colorado. This position may also require being onsite at various customer locations.
- This position requires use of a reliable personal vehicle for travel to / from customer locations (mileage reimbursed).
- Our professional dress code ranges between conservative business casual and business professional depending on the situation.
- This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additionally, this position will participate in some after-hour and on-call activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ Years in a technical support capacity requiring direct interaction with end users.
- Ability to perform tasks that can be repetitive and require a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrable competency in supporting both PCs and Macs.
- Demonstrable competency in managing a basic network environment.
- Basic knowledge of installing and supporting Microsoft Server products.
- Ability to quickly research, reason through and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Customer-oriented attitude.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
What You Get:
- Competitive base compensation: $50,000 to $65,000 based on experience.
- Paid employee medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- IRA with 3% matching funds.
- Generous holiday and paid time off policies.
At Onset Solutions, we understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people who are committed and vibrant team members that bring determination and passion to work every day. We recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a broad and diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!