Careers with Onset Solutions
Onset Solutions is a Denver-based company that specializes in providing computer and network support services to business throughout the Denver metro area. We have a diverse customer base that spans multiple industries. One of the most important traits that we share with our customers is that they are among the best within their respective industries and they rely on us to be the best in ours.
We are a company that is committed to people growth and development. We will support and enhance your desire to learn new technologies and take on challenging roles and clients as you progress. Reach out to learn more about joining our team!
Desktop Support Technician III
The Desktop Support Technician III provides front-line IT services to Onset Solutions’ customers by maintaining and troubleshooting devices and systems, hardware, and software. The successful candidate will be approachable and professional; capable of interacting easily with everyone within the customer’s organization, be it the receptionist or Chief Executive Officer.
This position operates in a variety of work environments utilizing various equipment including computers and mobile devices and may require occasional lifting of computer equipment. Work is performed both at Onset Solutions’ office and on-premises at customers’ locations. This is a great opportunity to join a company that will allow for work in tandem with an experienced team in a gratifying way.
• Facilitate the delivery of the technical services that Onset Solutions provides to its customers – both remotely and on-premises.
• Respond to support requests from customers and resolve them in a timely manner.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and provide user adoption training with new technologies.
• Facilitate new computer, server, and network setups.
• Provide routine monitoring and support of customer’s backup processes ensuring that they are functioning correctly as part of a customer’s disaster recovery plan.
• Transition customers over to cloud-based applications and providing ongoing support for cloud-based services.
• Maintain and augment Onset Solutions’ customer configuration and processes documentation.
• Provide hardware and software research, procurement, and inventory management.
• Interact with clients thoughtfully and in a way that builds longstanding relationships based on mutual trust.
• Work and collaborate with third-party vendors who may be providing supplemental IT services to our customers.
• Establish, oversee, and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the customer’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent Technical Services activities.
• This is an in-person position that primarily works out of our office in Lakewood, Colorado. This position also requires being onsite at various customer locations.
• This position requires use of a reliable personal vehicle for travel to / from customer locations (mileage reimbursed).
• Our professional dress code ranges between conservative business casual and business professional depending on the situation.
• This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additionally, this position will participate in some after-hour and on-call activities.
• COVID-19 Information: Our organization operates in a variety of industries, some of which are now being compelled by various government entities to mandate that their employees and contractors are vaccinated. As such, we respectfully ask that the applicant for this position be vaccinated or willing to promptly begin the process of getting vaccinated upon the commencement of employment. Our organization endeavors to comply with standing Public Health Orders and does not impose any restrictions above and beyond what is mandated.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3+ Years in a technical support capacity requiring direct interaction with end users.
• Demonstrable competency in supporting both PCs and Macs.
• Demonstrable competency in managing a basic network environment.
• Basic knowledge of installing and supporting Microsoft Server products.
• Ability to quickly research, reason through and resolve technical issues.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
• Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
• Customer-oriented attitude.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
What You Get:
• Competitive base compensation: $50,000 to $65,000 based on experience.
• Paid employee medical, dental, and vision benefits.
• IRA with 3% matching funds.
• Generous holiday and paid time off policies.
At Onset Solutions, we understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people who are committed and vibrant team members that bring determination and passion to work every day. We recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a broad and diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!
Interested in working at Onset Solutions? Contact us at c a r e e r s @ o n s e t s o l u t i o n s . c o m. Don’t forget to include a cover letter, copy of your resume and salary requirements.