Careers with Onset Solutions
Onset Solutions is a Denver-based company that specializes in providing computer and network support services to business throughout the Denver metro area. We have a diverse customer base that spans multiple industries. One of the most important traits that we share with our customers is that they are among the best within their respective industries and they rely on us to be the best in ours.
We are a company that is committed to supporting technical growth and career development. Using a mentorship based model, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and technologies and take on challenging roles and clients as you progress.
We are currently hiring for a Systems Administrator III
Onset Solutions is a Denver-based company that specializes in providing computer and network support services to business throughout the Denver metro area. We are a company that is committed to people growth and development, and we’ll support and enhance your desire to learn new technologies and take on challenging roles and clients as you progress.
The Systems Administrator III is responsible for maintaining and supporting the integrity of various IT environments for Onset Solutions’ clients. This position will resolve technical problems and work proactively to ensure continuity from a technology standpoint. Additionally, this position will support Onset Solutions’ security administration.
Tasks performed by the Systems Administrator III will include configuring, testing, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining the functionality of network devices. Additionally, the Systems Administrator will manage hardware and software systems through the role of supporting, configuring, and deploying automated solutions using Active Directory, Group Policy, and Azure Active Directory. The implementation and maintenance of customer networks will also require the installation and maintenance of solutions such as Windows and VMWare Virtualization, system optimization, security best practices, and infrastructure scalability.
This position is required to be proficient in Network and Systems Architecture best practices, administration of Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, Windows Operating Systems, Basic Linux Admin, and Basic Microsoft SQL Admin. They will also need to have a general understanding of security best practices.
This position operates in a variety of work environments utilizing various equipment including computers and mobile devices and may require occasional lifting of computer equipment. Work is performed both at Onset Solutions’ office and on-premises at customers’ locations. This is a great opportunity to join a company that will allow for work in tandem with an experienced team in a gratifying way!
- – Facilitate the delivery of the technical services that Onset Solutions provides to its customers – both remotely and on-premises.
- – Develop a complete understanding of our clients’ individual environments.
- – Respond to support requests from customers and resolve them in a timely manner.
- – Plan, research, design, and implement solutions that balance client’s business requirements with technology and security best practices.
- – Install and configure advanced ingress and egress Unified Threat Management technologies.
- – Participate as needed with onboardings, migrations, server configurations, and network improvements.
- – Transition customers over to cloud-based applications and provide ongoing support for cloud-based services.
- – Provide routine monitoring and support of customer’s backup processes ensuring that they are functioning correctly as part of a customer’s disaster recovery plan.
- – Maintain and augment Onset Solutions’ customer configuration and processes documentation.
- – Assist with security operations including auditing client infrastructures and alerting the cybersecurity team of relevant changes in client environments.
- – Interact with clients thoughtfully and in a way that builds longstanding relationships based on mutual trust.
- – Work and collaborate with third-party vendors who may be providing supplemental IT services to our customers.
- – Establish, oversee, and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the customer’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent Technical Services activities.
- – This is an in-person position that primarily works out of our office in Lakewood, Colorado. This position also requires being onsite at various customer locations.
- – This position requires use of a reliable personal vehicle for travel to / from customer locations (mileage reimbursed).
- – Our professional dress code ranges between conservative business casual and business professional depending on the situation.
- – This is a full-time position and typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additionally, this position will participate in some after-hour and on-call activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- – 5+ Years in a technical support capacity requiring direct interaction with end users.
- – Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- – Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- – Customer-oriented attitude.
- – Ability to lift 50 lbs.
What You Get
- – Competitive compensation based on experience.
- – Paid employee medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- – Simple IRA with 3% matching funds.
- – Generous holiday and paid time off policies.
At Onset Solutions, we understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people who are committed and vibrant team members that bring determination and passion to work every day. We recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a broad and diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
- – Dental insurance
- – Employee assistance program
- – Health insurance
- – Paid time off
- – Retirement plan
- – Vision insurance
Interested in working at Onset Solutions? Contact us at c a r e e r s @ o n s e t s o l u t i o n s . c o m. Please include a cover letter, copy of your resume and salary requirements.